Cheddar Cheese Crackers 超脆芝士餅乾
If you love cheese, or any snack about cheese, you must try this recipe. Full of cheese flavour, very crispy and tasty. Once you start, you can’t stop! It is that good!
I looooove cheeeesy snack , cheese crackers, cheese balls, cheese sticks. I love these crackers, full of strong cheddar cheese taste. So crispy, so cheesy, so easy to make. Ingredients are very simple, it takes no time to make it. I make one amount of this recipe and I can get around 140 pcs little crackers. It makes me sooo happy.
We spend one day to finish all, told you, really can’t stop eating it. I keep telling myself they are oven-baked one, not deep fry, it did make me feel less gulity. Haha. It is great snack with a drink, beer especially, snack for party, for picnic, for any time!
Beat the butter with handmixer or standmixer, until pale and fluffy. Then add in grated cheddar cheese, season with salt and pepper, or you can add some paparika, chilla powder, dried thyme or other herbs you like.
Sift in flour while keep beating at low speed. Then add two tablespoons cold water to form a dough. Sprinkle some flour on worktop, knead the dough for few minutes until the dough is smooth.
You can put all the ingredients in food processor, make it crumble like and form a dough. Wrap the dough with cling film, chill in fridge for one hour.
Take the dough out and roll it into 1/6 inch thick, cut into small square. Make a hole in the middle, place on baking tray with parchment paper, spacing them slightly apart. Bake in preheated oven at 190C for 12 to 15 minutes, keep an eye on it and don’t burn it. Cool on wire rack to cool completely.
- 60 gram unsalted butter
- 220 gram cheddar cheese, grated
- 120 gram all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 無鹽牛油 -60克
- 車打芝士 -220克
- 中筋麵粉 -120克
- Beat the butter until creamy, then add cheddar cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper or any spices you like.
- Slowly add in flour and two tablespoons of water to form a dough.
- Transfer the dough on the floured worktop, knead for few minutes until the surface is smooth. Wrap it with cling film and chill in fridge for an hour.
- Roll the dough into 1/6 inch thick and slice into small square. Make a hole in the middle with a toothpick.
- Place on baking sheet with parchment paper, spacing slightly apart. Pop in preheated oven at 190C for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container can store up to a week.
- You can also put all the ingredients in food processor to form a dough.