Cherry Tomato Focaccia 意式蕃茄佛卡夏麵包
This Italian oven-bak flat bread is just simply delicious. It is retangular shape, with some holes on top, full of olive oil. You can add different toppings, simple as sea salt and oil, or potatoes, rosemary, onion. This cherry tomato focaccia add a bit of fresh and sweetness in the bread. Great for summer!
Focaccia originally from Middle of Italy, when I lived in Rome, I have it as lunch. It is like pizza base, a little bit thicker with lot of olive oil. The bread is soft and crunchy at the top, you can dip in olive oil and balsamic vinger. I love to put cherry tomatoes on it with rosemary, love the color and so tasty.
The homemade freshly baked focaccia is always the best. You can be creative to add different toppings, or you can go with the basic just add sea salt. It is great to enjoy with family and friends for lunch and dinner. You can taste of Italy at home.
In a large bowl, mix flour, yeast, salt 300ml of water and olive oil together. Knead it inside a bowl for 5 minutes to form a dough. Then put the dough on the olied worktop, knead for 8 to 10 minutes until the dough is smooth. Put in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film, let it rise for 1 to 2 hours or double in size.
Knock the dough and release the air, divide the dough into two. Shape into two rectangle and place on baking sheet (grease the baking sheet with olive oil). Cover with kitchen towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
Use your fingers to make deep dimples in the focaccia. Pushing all the way through the dough to the bottom. Place the halved cherry tomatoes on the dimple, sprinkle with rosemary and season with some salt.
Pop in preheated oven at 220C for 15 to 20 minutes, or until it cook through. Tap the bottom and you should hear the hallow sound. Drizzle with more olive oil on top and let it cool on wire rack.
- 500 gram bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 40ml olive oil
- 360ml water
- 200 gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- Rosemary, to taste
- 高筋麵粉 -500克
- 鹽 -2茶匙
- 乾酵母 -2茶匙
- 橄欖油 -40毫升
- 櫻桃蕃茄 -200克
- 迷迭香 -適量
- In a large bowl, mix flour, yeast, salt 300ml of water and olive oil together. Knead it inside a bowl for 5 minutes to form a dough.
- Transfer the dough on the olied worktop, knead for 8 to 10 minutes until the dough is smooth. Put in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film, let it rise for 1 to 2 hours or double in size.
- Knock the air out of the bread, divide into two, shape a rectangle. Grease the baking tray with olive oil, place the dough on, cover with kitchen towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Use your fingers to make deep dimples in the bread, pushing all the way through to bottom.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on the dimples, add rosemary and salt.
- Pop in preheated oven at 220C , bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cook through.
- When you tab the bottom, you can hear the hallow sound. Drizzle with some olive oil and cool on wire rack.