English Custard 英式卡士達醬
A classic English custard, a rich , creamy, sweet dessert sauce. Made of egg yolk, sugar, cream or milk with vanilla flavour. You can make it hot pouring sauce for any puddings (desserts) or let it cool and make it as a trifle, tart filling.
I don’t understand how important custard is for English, they serve most of the desserts with custard. Just pour the warm creamy sauce on cakes, pies, crumble, bread pudding…Mr P said, good custard make a huge different of desserts. Hmmm…ok, means I always have to make the homemade fresh custard. The custard is also good for tart filling, simple fruit tart is perfect.
It is very easy to make, just cook the mixture at the right heat for right time, cook until the perfect consistency. It is worth to spend some time to make it from scratch, the homemade one is absoutely amazing, and you will never want the store-brought one.
In a saucepan, mix the milk and cream together and bring it to simmer. In another bowl, mix the sugar and cornstarch together, then add in egg yolks and mix well. Slowly stir in milk mixture and keep stirring. Transfer back to the sauce pan, cook on medium low heat. Keep stirring until the custard become thicken of your likeness.
- 470 ml milk
- 60 ml double cream or whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 25 gram corn starch
- 30 gram sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 牛奶 -470毫升
- 淡忌廉 -60毫升
- 蛋黃 -4隻
- 粟粉 -25克
- 糖 -30克
- 雲尼拿香油 -1茶匙
- In a saucepan, mix the milk and cream together and bring it to simmer.
- In another bowl, mix the sugar and cornstarch together, then add in egg yolks and mix well.
- Slowly pour in milk mixture and keep stirring.
- Transfer back to the sauce pan, cook on medium low heat. Keep stirring until the custard become thicken of your likeness.