Healthy Flapjack / Energy Bars 燕麥能量條
A classic healthy flapjack, golden with raisins and cherries, crispy, chewy and delicious. Quick and simple that you can make in 30 minutes. Great for breakfast, energy bars and snack! Adults and kids all time favourite snack.
I have to make flapjack from time to time, cause Mr P always ask for it. Mainly for his running fuel, or just for snack. I don’t mind to make it, it takes only 30 minute, then you have the whole tray of it which will last for one or two weeks. Again, less effort with great appreciation, good deal!
I like to add some raisins and glaze cherries in it, look so beautiful and more chewy. With the golden crisp, it is unbeatable. Simple, healthy, delicious, give you energy for the day!
In a saucepan, melt the butter, syrup and sugar togther at low heat until dissolved. Then remove from heat, add in oatmeal, raisins and glaze cherries, mix well.
Transfer it to lined baking tray, bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 20 minutes. Until golden, cut into small pieces immediately, then let it cool completely on wire rack. Need to cut into pieces before it cool down, or it will be very difficiult to cut it.
- 250 gram oatmeal
- 70 gram brown sugar
- 150 gram unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 燕麥片 -250克
- 紅糖 -70克
- 無鹽牛油 -150克
- 糖漿 -3湯匙
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, syrup and sugar togther at low heat until dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add in oatmeal, raisins and glaze cherries, mix well.
- Transfer it to lined baking tray, pop in oven for about 20 minutes until golden.
- Cut into small pieces immediately, then let it cool completely on wire rack.
- Need to cut into pieces before it cool down, or it will be very difficiult to cut it.
- Store in air tight container up to 2 weeks.