Homemade Fluffy Marshmallows 自製棉花糖
I believe there are many people love marshmallows, especially cook it on the fire and sandwich with digestive biscuits. They are pillow-soft, sweet, fluffy and so adorable. You can also make it at home, and it is not difficult at all but a bit messy tho. But it is FUN!
Since I learnt how to make marshmallows, I always make it myself. The taste is just different, they are fresh and don’t taste like plastic. Sometimes I bought the store-bought ones, I thought I was eating chewing gum. It is so easy to make and so much fun when you cut it into different shape. A bit messy but hey marshmallows supposed to be FUN!
The most important ingredient is corn syrup, you may say corn syrup is very unhealthy and …. but corn syrup will help to make the texture exactly like the REAL marshmallows. I tried to use maple syrup and honey instead, but it can’t hold its shape. It taste like honey and way too soft. I am sure you don’t want it. If we gonna make it, we have to make it real right?! We won’t use the whole bottle of it, and it is homemade and we won’t add any other chemical stuff in it. So if you love marshmallows, make it yourself, it taste so much better!
In a saucepan, bring the 125 ml of water, sugar and corn syrup to boil, after boiled, let it boil for one minute, then remove from heat. Or you can use candy thermometer reach 113C.The syrup is extremely hot, please be careful.
在小鍋內，將125毫升的水， 糖及粟米糖漿拌勻，煮滾， 煮至113度C 便離火。（用糖果溫度計）糖漿非常熱，請小心。
In another bowl, use 125ml of water to mix with gelatine, stir well. Then slowly and carefully pour the syrup into the gelatine, using an electric handmixer to beat at slow speed, then you can see some foam appears. Then turn to high speed, keep beating about 15 to 20 minutes (10 minutes for standmixer). Beat until the mixture double its size and it become marshmallow-like. You can add some food coloring.
Use cling film or foil to line the tray, dust with corn starch and icing sugar. Then transfer the mixture into the tray. Then sprinkle some more corn starch and icing sugar on top to prevent sticking. Cover with cling film and let it set at room temperature for 24 hours.
Sprinkle icing sugar on the worktop, take the marshmallow out. Use a shape knife to cut the marshmallow into small pieces. Dust with more icing sugar, you can also coat with coconut flakes.
- 200 gram sugar
- 125 ml corn syrup
- 250 ml water
- 15 gram gelatine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1- 2 drops food coloring
- 白砂糖 -200克
- 粟米糖膠 -125毫升
- 水- 250毫升
- 魚膠粉 -15克
- 雲尼拿香油 -1茶匙
- 食用色素 -1-2滴
- In a saucepan, mix 125 ml of water, sugar and corn syrup together, bring it to boil. Remove from heat once it reach 115C.
- In a large bowl, use 125ml of water mix with gelatine. Then use electric mixter keep beating and slowly add in syrup. Once the foam appears, turn to high speed and keep beating until become marshmallow-like. (it takes about 15 to 20 minutes)
- Line a cling film or foil on the tray, sprinkle with icing sugar and corn starch. Then transfer the mixture to the tray, sprinkle more corn starch and icing sugar on top, cover with cling film or foil.
- Let it set in room temperature for 24 hours.
- Slice the marshmallow into small pieces on icing sugar- dusted worktop. Coat with more icing sugar or coconut flakes.
- Marshmallows has to set for long time at room temperature, cool area but not the fridge.
- Once cut the marshmallows, it better store in fridge.