Homemade Pocky Biscuit Stick 自製餅乾條
This is homemade verison of Pocky biscuit sticks, snack from Japan and you can find in Asian supermarket. It is bisuit stick coat with different flavour of chocolate, dark, white, matcha, banana flavour…so yummy!
This is my childhood favorite snack, I remember once I got my pocket money, I always love to buy Pocky! I even have it now from time to time, love to ‘snap” it and finish the whole box non-stop, this the way!
Sometimes you just love to cook or bake something to just have fun, even you can just buy the food in convient store, but you just wanna do it. The fun part is…hey I can even make this at home. How exciting! This biscuit sticks are so crunchy and snappy, you can SNAP it and hear the sound of it. We use a bit of condensed milk, to make the biscuits with sweetness. For creative part, you can dip the biscuits with any kind of chocolate and toppings. I use dark chocolate and sprinkle with pistachio.
The important thing is form ths sticks, it can’t be too thick or it won’t be crunchy, if is too thin, it will be very fragile and broken. The dough will puff a little in oven, so make slightly thinner. For the fun part, you can dip the biscuits with any kind of chocolate and toppings. Sprinkle with some nuts, or funfetti, I use dark chocolate and sprinkle with pistachio. They are so yummy and is great snack for everyone!
In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar and baking powder together. Add in cubed butter, use your fingers to crumble it. Add in condensed milk (mix with 2 tablespoons of water) little by little to form a dough. Wrap the dough with cling film and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
Tip the dough on lightly-floured surface, divide into 4 pieces. Take one pieces and divide into 10 to 12 small balls. Roll into long strips around 1/4 inch thick and 5 to 6 inches long. Place on baking sheet with parchment paper and brush some egg whites on top. Pop in preheated oven at 160C for about 18 to 20 minutes until light golden. Cool on wire rack completely.
Dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle with some nuts, let it set completely.
- 80 ml condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 160 gram all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 55 gram unsalted butter, cubed
- 120 gram chocolate, melted
- nuts of your choice
- 煉奶 -80毫升
- 中筋麵粉 -160克
- 泡打粉 -1/2 茶匙
- 鹽 -1/8茶匙
- 糖 -2湯匙
- 無鹽牛油 -55克
- 巧克力 -120克
- 果仁 -適量
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar and baking powder together.
- Add in butter, use your fingers to crumble it.
- Then add the condensed milk(mix with 2 Tbsp of water) little by little into flour to form a dough.
- Wrap the dough with cling film and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take out the dough, divide into 4 pieces, each piece divide into 10 to 12 tiny pieces. Roll it into 5 to 6 inches long strips. Place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Pop in preheated oven at 160C, bake for 18 to 20 minutes until lightly golden. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Dip the biscuit into melted chocolate and sprinkle with some nuts.