Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies 墨西哥辣巧克力餅
These are ridiculously yummy cookies! Ok everyone loves chocolate I know, but the hot spicy chocolate is just waaaay much better. With sugar, cinnamon and chilli powder on the outside, and crunchy chocolately inside. The little spicy give it a real kick. If you love chocolate and like spicy, you will love it!
I have to confess, baking cookies are not my thing. After many many attempts,I still can’t handle very well the butter cookies who need piping. Piping is just not my thing, and I don’t like to pipe the weird shape.
This recipe is perfect for me, no need piping, no fuss, you just roll a dough into a ball. They just come out sooooo baeutiful, so round and same size. Then I will store in my pretty cookie tins, and they look exactly like those cookies in shops, maybs even taste better.
The outside with the sugar, cinnamon and chilli powder, give a hot flavour. The cookies are so crunchy and chocolately. Of course, use the highest quality of cocoa powder you can afford, and it make a huge different of the taste. Very easy to make, the cookie dough is easy to handle, takes maybe 45 minutes to make from scratch. Great for snack, party and little treat for yourself. You deserve it!
這個是辣的巧克力曲奇Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies，加了肉桂粉和辣椒粉入巧克力餅乾內。香濃的巧克力，加上微微的辣度，有香辣的味道，不太甜又不膩，很容易便令人一口接一口。做法也很簡單，每塊大小相同，跟餅店賣的一樣，試試新的食法也不錯！
Mix the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder together and set aside. In another bowl, cream the butter with sugar until pale and fluffy. Then add in egg and mix well. Add dry ingredients in three times and mix until well combine. It will turn into cookie dough.
For the cinnamon sugar, just mix cinnamon, sugar and chilli powder together. Take out a small cookie dough, roll into a ball, then coat evenly with the cinnamon sugar. Place on lined baking sheet, around 2 inches apart.
Pop in preheated oven at 200C, bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack completely.You can store in air tight container for one week.
- 150 gram all-purpose flour
- 30 gram cocoa powder
- 1/2 teapsoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoom salt
- 110 gram unsalted butter
- 145 gram sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 20 gram sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 中筋麵粉 -150克
- 可可粉 -30克
- 梳打粉 -1/2 茶匙
- 鹽 -1/4 茶匙
- 無鹽牛油 -110克
- 糖 -145克
- 雞蛋 -1隻
- 糖 -20克
- 肉桂粉 -1茶匙
- 辣椒粉 -1/4茶匙
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder together and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter with sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Then add in egg and mix well. Add dry ingredients in three times and mix until well combine. It will turn into cookie dough.
- For the cinnamon sugar, just mix cinnamon, sugar and chilli powder together.
- Take out a small cookie dough, roll into a ball, then coat evenly with the cinnamon sugar.
- Place on lined baking sheet, around 2 inches apart.
- Pop in oven, bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Place on wire rack and cool completely.
- You can store the cookies in air tight container up to 1 week.