Thai Fishcakes 泰式魚餅
It is one of my favourite Thai snacks, deep-fry fishcakes. They are so delicious, aromatic and little bit spicy, a great appetitizer! Usually in Thai restaurant I must order the snack platter, they have spring rolls, shrimp cakes, fishcakes and chicken. The fishcakes are a bit spicy because it has red curry paste in it, and give it a strong aromantic flavour. With some long beans and fish meat, a rich texture after deep fry.
It is so easy to make that you can easily make it at home. What you need is fishmeat, as I can’t find the fresh fish, I would use the fish paste instead. And you can go to Asian grocery store to buy all the ingredients like lemograss, kaffir lime leaves. They are the secret ingredients to taste like authentic Thai food.
It is not as difficiult as you think, try it and you will love it!
- 300 gram fish paste
- 6 pcs long beans, chopped
- 1 lemongrass, finely chopped
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 Thai red onions
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 魚肉 -300克
- 長豆角 -6條
- 香芽 -1條
- 檸檬葉 -4片
- 指天椒 -1-2隻
- 泰式紅蔥頭 -2個
- 紅咖哩醬 -2湯匙
- 魚露 -1/2湯匙
- Chop the long beans, garlic, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and red chilli into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients with fish meat together. Use chopsticks keep stirring ingredients from one direction for few minutes, it will become a paste like and elastic. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes or even longer.
- Shape the fish mix into small flat discs, around 5 cm round.
- Fry the fishcakes in batch for 3 -4minutes until golden. Serve with Thai sweet chilli sauce.