Thai Red Curry Chicken 泰式紅咖哩雞
If you love curry, you have to try this Thai red curry. Thai curry is lighter than Indian curry, it is fresh and have more sauce that is great with rice or garlic bread. Red curry is not as spciy as green curry, yet the spicyness is really delicious.
I love Thai cuisine, the curry smell with all the fresh ingredients, coconut milk and seasoning, it is just amazing! Now is easier to cook authentic Thai curry, it is easy to buy the Thai curry paste from Asian grocery stores. Even Thai they don’t always make their own curry paste, the bottle one is at very good quality and easy to make.
You can use chicken, pork, beef, or only vegetable. For me, I think is best with chicken. I usually use chicken thigh, as the meat is softer and have some fat. You can use any part of the chicken of course. Cook the paste and let the flavour come out, oh it smells sooo good! The coconut milk make the flavour sweeter and less spicy. It takes 30 minutes to cook, great with rice or garlic baguette.
Marinate the chicken meat with some soy sauce, salt, sugar and corn starch for 20 minutes, Add oil in hot pan, cook the red curry paste for a minute, let the flavour come out. Then add 1/3 amount of coconut milk, cook for a minute. Then add 1/3 more coconut milk and chicken, let the chicken coated with curry paste evenly, cook for 5 minutes.
用少許豉油，鹽，糖，粟粉醃雞肉20分鐘。 熱鑊下油，先炒紅咖哩醬一分鐘，然後下1/3椰漿，再煮， 分鐘。再下1/3椰汁及雞肉，煮雞肉5分鐘。
Add some water, the rest of coconut milk and onion, bring it to boil then turn to low heat cook for 10 minutes. Then put tomatoes, okras, season with fish sauce and palm sugar. Cook for 5 minutes, sprinkle with some coriandar for garnish.
- 500 gram chicken
- 1 onion
- 8 okras
- 1 tomato
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- Coriandar for garnish
- 材料 ：
- 雞肉 -500克
- 洋蔥 -1個
- 秋葵 -8條
- 蕃茄 -1個
- 紅咖哩醬 -2湯匙
- 椰漿 -200毫升
- 魚露 -1湯匙
- 椰糖 -1茶匙
- 芫茜 -適量
- Use some soy sauce, salt, sugar and corn starch marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
- Add oil in hot pan, cook the curry paste for a minute, then add 1/3 coconut milk cook for a minute.
- Add 1/3 coconut milk and chicken, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 150ml water, the rest of coconut milk and onion, bring it to boil then turn to low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato and okras, season with fish sauce and palm sugar. Cook for 5 minutes, garnish with coriandar.
- You can use any kind of meat and vegetables you like.
- Adjust the amount of chilli paste to your taste.