Apple and Peach Crumble 蘋果蜜桃金寶
Everyone loves crumble or crisp right? A classic dessert with cooked fruit and top with crisp crumb. Serve with vanilla ice-cream, custard or cream. Yum! Simple food with little effort and great comfort!
We loooooooooove crumble, I mean love love! Always have it at home, every two weeks maybe. The apples are cheap and always in season here, the recipe is simple that I don’t have to look for my recipe. Crumble is in my mind!
Beside the classic apple crumble, it is good to mix with other fruit. So far, I found this combination works the best! The sourness of the apple with the sweetness from the peach. It is really delicious! Actually the rhubarb with strawberris crumble is great too! I will share it with you some other time.
The thing about making good apple crumble is to use the cooking apple, I usually use Bramley or Granny Smith. You can also add some oat on top to make it even crispier. If you never make crumble before, give it a try! It is simple but delicious. Great dessert for any time!
Preheat the oven to 180C. In a large bowl, combine the cubed butter, flour and sugar together. Use your hands to crumble it, or you can put in food processor to blend it until the texture is like breadcrumbs. Set aside.
Wash, peel and core the apples, cut into thick slices. Drizzle with some lemon juice, add in demerara sugar, ground cinnamon and mix well. Transfer apples and peaches to oven-proof dish, then sprinkle the crumble topping evenly. Sprinkle some oatmeal on top.
Bake in oven for about 35 to 40 minutes until the top is golden. Do not overcook it or it will become very hard. Let it cool for about 15 minutes, serve with warm curstard, vanilla ice-cream or cream.
- 6 - 8 cooking apples, thick sliced
- 1 canned peach, thick sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 - 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 175 gram all-purpose flour
- 110 gram unsalted butter, diced
- 110 gram brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- 材料 ：
- 蜜桃 -1罐
- 紅糖 -2湯匙
- 紅糖 -110克
- 燕麥片 -2湯匙
- For the Crumble: Put all the crumble ingredients into food processor, blend it until the texture is like breadcrumbs. Or you can use your hands to crumble it.
- For the Filling: Mix the apples and peaches together, drizzle some lemon juice and mix with sugar and ground cinnmon.
- Transfer them into oven-proof baking dish, sprinkle the crumble topping evenly. Sprinkle with some oatmeal on top.
- Pop in oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown and the toppings are set. Let it cool for at least 15 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice-cream, warm custard or cream.